Monday, December 19, 2011

It's been such a long time...how have you been?

Well, I've graduated from UWIC with a 2:1 in Art & Creative Writing, moved to Manchester and I'm still working in a job that I don't enjoy, but I'm actively seeking a new one.

Luckily, the only thing keeping me sane, is making things. I used to think craft-like things weren't that much fun, but I've definitely changed my mind. I've been making a lot of felt brooches over the last six months ( I definitely have over 100) and have sold some of them at craft fairs.




I've also been making prints using something called SoftCut. I've used lino to make prints before but SoftCut is something totally different. It can take half the time it takes to cut a print in lino as it does to make a print with this stuff.





Making little Moleskine-style notebooks has been fun too, using a compass cutter to round off the corners and stitching the little thing together then using Letraset letter (in white Helvetica) to put my name on the front. I've made a handful (and have gotten through them too!) so I think it's time to make some more!



Hope everyone is well and happy holidays to all!

No comments: